Sunday, August 4, 2013

Some Work in Progress

I have been working on a couple drawings as well as a painting.  I'm not particularly satisfied with the drawing or the painting but have been trying to stay with the process.  I have continued to consciously approach the work differently than my normal way.  I am finding it a bit frustrating but at the same time have had some exciting ideas come up for future work.

I am researching different artists and different methods including photography, sculpture, and performance art in an attempt to discover some sort of direction.  I have an inkling about content but have no idea how to make my ideas unfold.  I am guessing by wandering around (okay, feeling completely lost) and continuing experimenting with lots of different ideas that the process and the answers will reveal itself....until then I will post some of the work I've been doing.

I hope everyone is doing well!!!

detail







Below is the painting I've been working on.  I intend to continue working on this piece until I am able to resolve the problems I have with this piece.  I'm not quite sure exactly where I would like this piece to go but will keep pushing until I know or am ready to trash it....  Ha.


At the beginning

This is as of last night.

Have a great week.  Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment