Monday, March 10, 2014

upcoming drop dead date!

I'm getting the majority of the canvas pieces back now and am anxious to get started working on the new arrivals.  I am picking up three this week and waiting for three to arrive in the mail too.  Friday is the drop dead date, so I made the decision that however many I have received on that date are the ones I'll be working on for the remainder of the semester.

As I stated in my last post, I've been working on some small drawings/paintings while waiting for the canvas.  I also did some other experiments too to see how and what I could do to the canvases when they arrive.  I have been adding stitching and wax to  a number of things and find the physicality of the work is satisfying and has added a new dimension and offered some excitement for me that I had found was lacking.

So, here are a few of the drawings and objects I've made this past month.














2 comments:

  1. This looks so exciting! I'm looking forward to June to see what you end up with. Its been a good semester so far for me, but I feel like I don't have enough time to do everything I want to do. I miss you and everyone else in our group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree your combination of stitching and wax adds another layer of emotion, I love it!

    ReplyDelete